NODAL POWER HIGHLIGHT
- Nodal set a calendar month record for September 2021 with 205.7 million MWh of traded power futures volume in the month, up 63% from the prior year.
- Nodal continues to be the market leader in North American power futures having the majority of the open interest with a record 1.094 billion MWh at the end of September.
NODAL ENVIRONMENTAL HIGHLIGHTS
- September 2021 environmental futures volume achieved a record 35,438 lots, up 244% from 10,292 lots in September 2020.
- For Q3 2021, Nodal reported environmental futures and options volume of 77,825 lots, up 172% from 28,587 lots in Q3 2020.
NODAL NATURAL GAS HIGHLIGHTS
- Henry Hub natural gas futures and options open interest on Nodal Exchange exceeds 400 million MMBtu and is portfolio margined with power on Nodal Exchange.