NODAL EXCHANGE ACHIEVES RECORDS IN POWER AND ENVIRONMENTAL FUTURES IN APRIL 2021
Nodal power accomplishments in April:
- Nodal achieved record power futures open interest with 1,076 million MWh per side, which represents a record 51.5% market share.
- Nodal achieved record calendar month power futures trading with 215.1 million MWh of traded volume for a 46.5% market share, which represents a 20% growth over April 2020.
- Nodal also set a record this month in the PJM region with 57.5% market share of monthly futures trading volume.
Nodal environmental accomplishments in April:
- Nodal achieved record open interest in environmental futures with 135,946 lots, representing 12.4% market share.
- Nodal’s environmental markets posted monthly futures volume in April of 21,359 contracts traded, which is Nodal’s second highest month ever.
- Record daily volume on Texas Compliance RECs from CRS Eligible Listed Facilities futures of 3,200 contracts (equal to 3.2 million MWh) on April 22.
- Record volume day for Maryland Solar REC futures trading with 4,050 lots on April 14.
NODAL ELECTRONIC TRADING
Nodal Exchange offers electronic trading in power, natural gas, and environmental products. The Nodal T7 Trading Platform can be accessed via industry leading web-based trading applications:CQG, Trading Technologies and Trayport. Please contact Nodal’s Account Management team with any questions.
HAPPY 12th ANNIVERSARY NODAL EXCHANGE!
Nodal celebrated its 12th anniversary on April 8. We want to thank our entire trading and clearing community for your support through the years!