NODAL EXCHANGE ACHIEVES RECORD MARKET SHARE IN POWER AND ENVIRONMENTAL FUTURES IN FEBRUARY
Nodal achieved record share of monthly power and environmental futures trading volume in the United States in February 2021, with 46.6% and 11.7% respectively.
Nodal power accomplishments in February included:
- 218.4 million MWh traded in February, second best month ever
- 56.2 million MWh traded on February 9th, setting a daily record
- 179.1 million MWh of PJM traded volume with a record 52.5% market share of monthly futures trading volume
- 18.2 million MWh of New York ISO traded volume with a record 63.7% market share of monthly futures trading volume
Nodal environmental accomplishments in February included:
- Nodal topped 250,000 total contracts traded since the launch of environmental markets in November 2018.
- PJM Tri-qualified REC futures surpassed 20,000 contracts of open interest and 50,000 total contracts traded since launch.
- Maryland Solar RECs exceeded 10,000 contracts of open interest.
- New Jersey Solar REC futures eclipsed more than 16,000 lots of open interest.
- New York Tier I REC futures and Texas Compliance Solar Renewable Energy Certificates from CRS Listed Facilities, both only listed on Nodal, traded for the first time.
EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS’ IMPACT ON ERCOT POWER MARKETS
Nodal Exchange sends our condolences to all those in Texas (and other affected areas) who were adversely affected by the extreme weather conditions in February. Nodal’s risk model performed very well during this volatile period, with most live accounts holding sufficient initial margin to cover the variation margin observed. Nodal Clear worked closely with clearing members and traders to ensure any outsized margin calls were communicated and met.
NODAL ELECTRONIC TRADING
Nodal Exchange offers electronic trading in power, natural gas, and environmental products. The Nodal T7 Trading Platform can be accessed via industry leading web-based trading applications: CQG, Trading Technologies and Trayport. Please contact Nodal’s Account Management team with any questions.