NODAL POWER HIGHLIGHTS
- 2022 is a record year for power trading volume on Nodal Exchange, reaching 2,202 TWh on November 21st and surpassing our prior calendar year record set in 2021 of 2,199 TWh.
- Power futures traded volume was up 3% in November over October 2022 with 196 TWh traded.
NODAL ENVIRONMENTAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Environmental markets volume on Nodal Exchange totaled 27,032 contracts across the product suite in November, up 15% from 23,522 a year earlier. Open interest hit a new record in November, ending the month at 220,383 contracts, up 33% from 166,236 a year earlier.
- Texas CRS wind and solar futures and options on Nodal posted a record volume month of 12,290 contracts (the equivalent of 12.2 million MWh of renewable power), up 983% from 1,135 contracts traded a year earlier. Open interest in these voluntary REC contracts ended the month at a record 43,278, up 53% from 27,603 a year earlier.
- Nodal Exchange and IncubEx announced the successful launch of the Washington Carbon Allowance (WCA) futures contract, along with the first trade in the contract, on December 5th.
NODAL CLEAR HIGHLIGHTS
- Nodal Clear has grown to 19 clearing members! To view the full list, visit: Clearing Members.