NODAL POWER HIGHLIGHTS
- Nodal power futures volume was 128.4 TWh, up 32% from July 2021.
NODAL ENVIRONMENTAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The total July volume for environmental futures on Nodal was 21,693 lots up 103% from 10,684 lots in July 2021.
NODAL CLEAR HIGHLIGHTS
- Nodal Clear has grown to 18 clearing members! To view the full list, visit: Clearing Members.
Nodal power futures grow 32% and environmental futures 103% in July
Nodal Exchange today announced significant growth in power and environmental futures in July 2022. Nodal power futures volume was 128.4 TWh, up 32% from July 2021. The majority of U.S. power futures open interest is on Nodal Exchange with 1.166 billion MWh representing $168 billion of notional value based on both sides as of the end of July 2022.
Nodal also posted very strong growth in its environmental products. The total July volume for environmental futures on Nodal was 21,693 lots up 103% from 10,684 lots in July 2021. Open interest in environmental products at the end of July was 191,223 lots, up 47% from July 2021. Deliveries for July totaled 17,843 lots, up 91% from 9,332 lots a year earlier.
Some key environmental sectors showed notable open interest gains in July, including:
- PJM-based Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) contracts ended July at 98,874 lots of open interest, up 24% from 79,800 lots a year earlier.
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) futures ended July with 23,870 lots of open interest, up 423% from 4,558 lots a year earlier.
- July open interest in Texas CRS wind and solar RECs ended the month at 34,724 lots up 66% from 20,900 lots a year earlier.
Nodal, in collaboration with IncubEx, offers the world’s largest exchange listed suite of environmental products.
“Nodal Exchange is proud to serve the power and environmental markets, and we are very pleased to see their continued growth,” said Paul Cusenza, Chairman and CEO of Nodal Exchange and Nodal Clear. “We sincerely appreciate the ongoing support from our trading and clearing community.”
Nodal in the news
Nodal Exchange achieves new records in power and environmental futuresLearn more
Nodal Exchange lists new environmental futures and optionsLearn more
Nodal Exchange to expand headquarters in Fairfax CountyLearn more
Nodal Exchange is a derivatives exchange providing price, credit and liquidity risk management solutions to participants in the North American commodities markets. Nodal Exchange is a leader in innovation, having introduced the world's largest set of electric power locational (nodal) futures contracts. As part of EEX Group, a group of companies serving international commodity markets, Nodal Exchange currently offers over 1,000 contracts on hundreds of unique locations, providing the most effective basis risk management available to market participants. In addition, Nodal Exchange offers natural gas and environmental contracts. All Nodal Exchange contracts are cleared by Nodal Clear which is a CFTC registered derivatives clearing organization. Nodal Exchange is a designated contract market regulated by the CFTC.