NODAL EXCHANGE ACHIEVED MULTIPLE QUARTERLY RECORDS IN POWER AND ENVIRONMENTAL TRADING
Nodal achieved a quarterly trading record in power futures with volume of 559 million MWh in Q1 2021. In addition, environmental contract volumes on Nodal in Q1 totaled 58,065 contracts, up 54% from 37,698 contracts a year earlier.
Nodal power accomplishments in Q1 2021:
- Nodal achieved record power futures open interest with 1,041 million MWh per side at the end of the quarter representing 50.7% market share, which is a new record.
- Nodal Exchange achieved record power futures trading for March with 200 million MWh, representing 43% growth in March 2021 over March 2020.
- Nodal also set records for monthly power futures traded volume market share with 47.3% in the United States and 55.8% in the PJM market.
Nodal environmental accomplishments in Q1 2021:
- North American environmental contracts on Nodal achieved records in both traded volume and open interest. Open interest in environmentals ended the quarter at 123,200 contracts, up 89% from Q1 2020.
- Volumes in Q1 across the 56 REC futures and options contracts offered on Nodal rose to 54,421 contracts, up 111.3% from 25,748 in Q1 2020.
- Open interest at the end of Q1 across the REC contracts rose to a record 117,463 contracts, up 113.4% from 50,318 in Q1 2020.
NODAL ELECTRONIC TRADING
Nodal Exchange offers electronic trading in power, natural gas, and environmental products. The Nodal T7 Trading Platform can be accessed via industry leading web-based trading applications: CQG, Trading Technologies and Trayport. Please contact Nodal’s Account Management team with any questions.
HAPPY 12th ANNIVERSARY NODAL EXCHANGE!
Nodal celebrated its 12th anniversary on April 8. We want to thank our entire trading and clearing community for your support through the years!